Welcome, Guest Create an account
Username Password:
Which Bike is BETTER -GT,Giant,Trek, Merida,Polygo
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Which Bike is BETTER -GT,Giant,Trek, Merida,Polygo

Which Bike is BETTER -GT,Giant,Trek, Merida,Polygo

#1198 6 years, 6 months ago
Hi I need help here guys anyone can help me...

I have few selections here :
Polygon Tyrano - Deore RD n FD, Suntour XCR Fork , Shimano Mechanical Disc brake, others component mostly shimano parts, 14.3kg RM 1650
GT bike Alavanche 2.0 - Alivio RD, Suntour XCP Fork lockable, Disc Brake, others not sure RM 1500++
Giant Bike - Acera RD, Suntour XCM Fork, Disc brake, others not sure RM 1500++
Trek 3700,3900,4500 - Altus, acera , alivio rd, other parts all same and v brake - RM 1300 , Rm 1500 , Rm 1800

Merida and trek with disc brake all very expensive unless i take v-brake one la.. Can help me out? Ive been doing survey a lot but really dunno which one to buy.>Very confused here chief.. Please help me.. My budget 1300-1800. Any other good suggestions if u have?

The Tyrano is the first choice but the only thing is the Brand not so nice and other parts is good enough for me. Please help me !! U can reply me here , This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it or 0162540090 . Thanks

• lordie
  • MTB Advocate

Re:Which Bike is BETTER -GT,Giant,Trek, Merida,Pol

#1200 6 years, 6 months ago
Hi Calvin

From that selection, if you can stretch to it - my choice would be the Trek 4500. From looking at those bikes, it's the one which (to me) gives the best quality bike for the money & should be quite a bit lighter than some of the other offerings.
V-brakes will work just fine, you don't need the disks - and cheap disk brakes are often pretty heavy. The Trek comes with disk-ready shimano hubs so you can upgrade any time.

When buying a first bike it's worth putting money into a decent frame first of all - parts can (& will) break, you can upgrade them later, but the frame will be with you for years. Treks also come with very good (lifetime?) warranty.

The 4500 looks to be significantly better than the 3700, 3900 too, higher quality parts.

I also like the GT Avalanche a lot. It's a quality bike with a great frame. However it is only equipped with 8-speed gears at the back - you should be looking to get 9 if you can stretch the budget to the Trek instead, but the GT would be a great alternative.

Also important to get the size & fit of the bike right - got to try sitting on them in the shop. Leave some spare Rm for a helmet & gloves too.
Have fun!

Re:Which Bike is BETTER -GT,Giant,Trek, Merida,Pol

#1201 6 years, 6 months ago
Thanks Phil, Will reconsider on TREK
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds
FakawiTribe on facebook
Follow Fakawi on Twitter!
FakawiTribe on YouTube
FakawiTribe on Vimeo